Δευτέρα 9 Νοεμβρίου 2020

INBooks in Växjö: Not to be trusted!

This was initially meant to be a Google Review. Yet Google's policies explicitly mention that no reviews from a current or former employee reviews may be published on Google Reviews, and since my Google account was apparently somehow connected to INBooks, my review got filtered out right after being posted.

Which means that, according to Google, if your employer is fraudulent and untrustworthy like in this case, or even if he sexually assaults you or physically bullies you like in other cases, you have no right to let the customers know. We, who want to give our money exclusively to companies that respect their employees, cannot just take a look at the Google reviews of a company to make sure that this is the case. 

Still, there is nothing illegal or morally wrong in informing the would-be customers and employees of a company about its' trustworthiness and quality, so I chose to post the review here instead. 

In case INBooks AB proceeds to sue me, they have the right to know in advance that not only there is nothing in the review below that breaks any law, but also that I have no money to pay in damages (at least, no money that the Swedish state can touch), so suing me would be pretty pointless. And shameless, given the circumstances.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was unfortunate enough to work for INBooks AB. I was assigned a very important project despite having barely two years of experience, and was left all alone to cope with it along with their main project without much help or supervision. I would push new chunks of code yet would only once in a blue moon get any kind of feedback -except for my major task, for which I literally never got an opinion. I was promised a tillsvidare anställning, and while looking for an apartment in Växjö I informed my superior that the only landlord so far willing to give one to me, the immigrant, wanted me to keep it for at least a year, otherwise I would have to pay three rents if I wanted to leave. He encouraged me to proceed, giving me vain promises of soon getting the tillsvidare contract. I was promised to have it within a couple of weeks. That was during the end of February 2020. Not even twenty days afterwards, I was informed that I had delayed my project -while I was never even given a deadline for it, and no one ever bothered asking me how it was going. I was given ten days to complete it, otherwise my 6 months contract would not become a "tillsvidare". Still, my superior gave me his word that even if I didn't succeed, I would not be fired straight away. Instead, I would stay there until my 6 months were over, and then seek for a job somewhere else. I delivered everything in a couple of days, since the main functionalities were ready, and I spent the rest debugging and improving the code, and waiting for some kind of feedback from a senior developer. I had not gotten any kind of feedback on my assignment for a couple of weeks, so I almost begged them to look at it so that I would know if everything was fine, and they pledged to review it and inform me later that day. They are still reviewing it. Ten days after the discussion I had with my superior, and even though I delivered my project, I was announced that I was being fired on that very day. Not just not having my contract extended, as he had promised, but that I had to pack up and leave straight away. I had been promised that even if it wasn't delivered in time, I would just not get an extension of my contract. I delivered it in time, and actually more than a week before the final deadline. And instead of getting the tillsvidare anställning I expected, I was fired straight away. Not even one month after being repeatedly promised a tillsvidare anställning, not even one month after being encouraged to sign to rent an apartment in the vicinity for at least a year. They claimed that I wasn't suitable for them, that I don't fit into their team, and even that my codes do not work (!!!). The day of our previous discussion I  showed the superior who informed me I am fired, a major functionality depending on the others working without any problem whatsoever, and he congratulated me. Now he was claiming that "according to the Senior Developers" (who still had not bothered to even look at my codes), my codes were not working, even though everything was tested again and again before being pushed and even though he had seen them in action himself. When I asked for details about the codes that were supposedly not working, I did not get a reply. Just like I did not get a reply on why didn't anyone look at them earlier and inform me -I had been waiting for weeks for feedback. Or a reply on why did he claim that I would in no case get fired straight away. Or a reply on why I was left working all alone, while they knew I was just a junior developer. The only "answer" I got was something like "there are many whys, but they don't matter".

I was thrown out of the company that repeatedly promised to keep me "for a long time" right after delivering my assignment. I was lied to and exploited. I ended up on the verge of becoming homeless, since because of the coronavirus no one was hiring, and I literally hadn't a single krona to pay for the rent. If you cannot trust them as a coworker, how can you ever trust them as a customer?

2 σχόλια:

  1. That is awful, to say the least! And they haven't even bothered to reply on your facebook review! This tells us everything we need to know about this company.

    Hälsningar!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή